Straight A’s Education Centre caters for primary and secondary school students. We provide specialist tutoring in Mathematics, English, (includes Reading, Writing and Spelling) and the Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
Set up by an educationalist specialist, Straight A’s is a tuition centre that works along side schools and supports children’s learning within the New Zealand curriculum. As a result, Straight A’s is able to provide programmes that will complement, consolidate and extend children’s ongoing academic development.
Sally Clarke, Director Straight A’s Education Centre
B.Ed, Dip.Ed.Mgmt, Ad.Dip.Tchg, Irlen Screener
At Straight A’s, we promote:
Tutors that are qualified teachers or completing relevant university qualifications
Tutors that are fully committed towards the achievement and success of their students
An environment that fosters learning in a professional, supportive and happy atmosphere
The latest computer hardware and software
Up to date educational material
Programmes that promote the New Zealand curriculum and will support your child’s learning at school
Flexible start dates
What makes our courses so effective?
- Individualised programmes designed to maximise your child’s learning
- Initial assessment and ongoing written reports for all students up to Year 8
- A maximum 1:4 tutor/student ratio.
- Weekly 75 minute sessions
- A balance of computer and written work provided in each session
- Set homework to consolidate new learning
- Incentive and reward systems to encourage learning and success
- A recognised provider for Fletcher Building Employee Educational Fund subsidy